Saturday, October 09, 2004

Dedicated to Rock and Roll






I am sitting on Mera's bed right now getting ready to take a nap. Last nite Liz and I went to the Ramones Tribute Benefits Show in NYC. We stood up for 7 hours of rock including Sonic Youth, The Strokes and Blondie. A Ramones tribute band played with special guests: Joan Jett, Andrew WK, dude from Queens of the Stone Age and more that I can't remember. My body was knocked around, we moshed, it was insane, I have bruises all over my body. We both took photos, so I will try to have those up here soon. We met these two dudes one from LA and one from Germany who wanted us to come see them play at the Continental tonite. They were playing in an Arthur Kane tribute show. They also invited us to leave our desk jobs behind and go back to LA with them. This offer was very tempting. Desk job vs L.A. Who do you think would win? They put us on the guest list for the show and gave me a CD, but I think that we both had enough of NY tribute shows for awhile.

At one point during the nite, Liz and I were outside smoking a cigarette. I started talking to this guy about the Pixies. Liz comes up to me and says that she has to tell me something important. So, I excuse myself from the guy and she tells me that she lost Aquavit, her cellphone. So, during all the excitement and moshing, her phone fell out of her bag. We knew finding Aquavit was a lost cause because basically it would have been smashed by the time we found it.

"Aquavit is in heaven with god." - Liz Crow

Today, we went to brunch with Mera at the Paris Commune and then spent the next 5 hours walking up Broadway and shopping. It took us awhile to realize that we were moving at an extremely slow pace. We definitely went into 20 shoe stores, so after awhile I thought that I might as well buy a pair.

Right now, I feel like I might start spinning if I don't take a nap before we try to venture out to Brooklyn to see Anne and then head over to Misshapes, finally.

Ed note: Here are some pics of the Strokes from the Ramones Tribute Show:

|

1 Comments:

At 9:26 PM, Blogger Giovanni Carlo said...

Glad for the success with your tribute show
elton john tribute

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Mawl Records!. Make your own badge here.

Upcoming Shows:

Dec 22:Macitajs on Acid @ the Black Cat

Jan 7:Len Bias, High Fives Happy Endings @ the Black Cat

Jan 11: The Hard Tomorrows @ Wonderland

Jan 19: Benjy Feree @ The Black Cat

Jan 22: Camera Obscura & Essex Green @ 9:30 Club

Feb 9:The Rapture @ Sonar

Feb 13: Stellastar* @ Rock n Roll Hotel

Feb 25: the One AM Radio @ Warehouse Nextdoor

Mar 4: Scissor Sisters @ 9:30 Club

Mar 6:Badly Drawn Boy @ 9:30 Club

My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington D.C., United States
Who Links Here Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Check me out!