Thursday, February 19, 2004

Hey folks, the Megadork is back!!!!

It's been awhile since my last blog and those have been few and far between and have only included cute pictures or sob stories of my non-existant boyfriend. Seasonal affective disorder really got the best of me this year. Last year I was able to get through it even though Liz was in Baltimore and I was stuck in my apartment in Takoma Park and I even though I discoved Bright Eyes. Maybe I should thank Conor Oberst for helping me through the Blizzard of 2003, because I vowed to stay away from B.E. this year and I was a mess after Thanksgiving.

"I'm no good in winter. These gray days, they're so sad." - Jason Slocumb, Igby Goes Down

It's getting better all the time:

*Today is Matt's (my brother) birthday. He is 20 and he happens to be driving through Silver Spring today. So we are going to lunch and I got him this cute tshirt from Urban.

*Sarah and I found an apartment in Mount Pleasant and we move in 10 days.

*I am going to see the Walkmen in 7 days and the Strokes in 19 days.

*I am also a genius for knowing that something weird was going on with Mars - Sarah's horoscope for March in Vanity Fair mentioned something about Mars moving out of her 12th house. See Sarah for more details.

Fun things to do in 2004:

*Familarize yourself with the Dunne family (Dominick Dunne is an incredible writer for Vanity Fair and also an author - his son Griffin is a very handsome actor - his daughter Dominique was in Poltergeist and was mysteriously murdered shortly after she made the film- his brother John just recently passed away and was married to Joan Didion.) This is a very interesting an talented family who I would like to know more about and I think you should too.

*House parties - these have been very fun for me so far.

*Stop going to the Diner - I may love the coffee and the waiters, but this is not how to deal with a sad day.

*Start practicing with your band. Mine is called From Mammals to Robots.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The only thing that plagues me right now is that I can be replaced by a robot.



|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Mawl Records!. Make your own badge here.

Upcoming Shows:

Dec 22:Macitajs on Acid @ the Black Cat

Jan 7:Len Bias, High Fives Happy Endings @ the Black Cat

Jan 11: The Hard Tomorrows @ Wonderland

Jan 19: Benjy Feree @ The Black Cat

Jan 22: Camera Obscura & Essex Green @ 9:30 Club

Feb 9:The Rapture @ Sonar

Feb 13: Stellastar* @ Rock n Roll Hotel

Feb 25: the One AM Radio @ Warehouse Nextdoor

Mar 4: Scissor Sisters @ 9:30 Club

Mar 6:Badly Drawn Boy @ 9:30 Club

My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington D.C., United States
Who Links Here Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Check me out!