Thursday, July 15, 2004

Don't know about the future, that's anybody's guess.

I have been watching I love the 90's all week. My favorite thing about these shows that VH-1 produces is MO ROCCA, media gadfly. I want to marry this man and have little baby gadflies. Sarah is planning to marry Michael Ian Black. And we all can live happily ever after in medialand.

Sara has brought to my attention that they have left out the suicide of Kurt Cobain in 1994. This was huge!!! It defined the generation.

Another thing that was my life in the early 90's was Blossom.



I was the biggest Blossom fan ever. I have about 4 video tapes of Blossom episodes including the Blossom movie, which takes place in Paris. I was obsessed with Joey Lawrence. I belonged to his fan club and one wall of my room in 6th and 7th grade was plasted with pictures of Joey. WHOA!

In 6th grade, I dressed like Blossom. I wore the hats, the weird clothes, everything. I was always voted Best Dressed in ever Slam Book. I memorized almost every single episode. My best friend, Diana, and I could recite the episodes line for line.



So, VH-1, where the hell is Blossom? "Whoa" was a huge piece of pop culture in the 90s, how can you just ignore this fact?

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Okay, let's talk about Slam Books, while we are on the topic.

Do you remember these things? They were huge in 6th grade (1991-1992).
You would get a spiral notebook and number each page and then put a topic at the top of each page. The first page was always your name. The following pages would be things like your favorite song, actor, actress, where you want to live, Best dressed, Best Hair, Best Whatever. Then you would fill out your self as number one and then pass it around your class. It was fun to get the book back at the end of the day and read what people wrote. Some page were "draw me a picture" or "write me a note."

I miss Slam Books, I might try and bring these back.

|

3 Comments:

At 1:48 PM, Blogger this is me said...

Of course I loved My So Called Life.

My wrote in my baby book when I was 3, that I loved to watch MTV.

And I defintitely watched some of Liquid Television. Littlepaper Liz loves that stuff though, like the Maxx.

 
At 7:09 PM, Blogger this is me said...

That was supposed to read "My mom wrote in my baby book ..."

 
At 9:39 AM, Blogger this is me said...

Blossom came out in '91 and was HUGE in '92-'93. I think it was '93 that Joey "grew-up," longer hair, bigger muscles, music video.

They are representing Blossom by having Jenna Von Oy (Six) as a commentator.

And I agree they should have Donal Logue on the show.

But you know who is hilarious - Godfrey.
The best was when they were talking about, "I've fallen and I can't get up" and he says "That's not what you say. You say Damit, Ouch!"

That shit is funny.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Mawl Records!. Make your own badge here.

Upcoming Shows:

Dec 22:Macitajs on Acid @ the Black Cat

Jan 7:Len Bias, High Fives Happy Endings @ the Black Cat

Jan 11: The Hard Tomorrows @ Wonderland

Jan 19: Benjy Feree @ The Black Cat

Jan 22: Camera Obscura & Essex Green @ 9:30 Club

Feb 9:The Rapture @ Sonar

Feb 13: Stellastar* @ Rock n Roll Hotel

Feb 25: the One AM Radio @ Warehouse Nextdoor

Mar 4: Scissor Sisters @ 9:30 Club

Mar 6:Badly Drawn Boy @ 9:30 Club

My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington D.C., United States
Who Links Here Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Check me out!