Tuesday, August 03, 2004

I have some things to say:

1. I take back what I said yesterday about Craig Kilborn. The man, although a pompous dick, is hilarious. Besides Ambulance LTD, the highlight of the show was the interview with Ling Bai, starring in the new Spike Lee Joint She Hate Me. She did not speak English very well, but described how when she met Spike she offered her ideas for a sex scene which involved her making out with chicken feet. Spike liked her ideas and she was hired. Craig asked her how she came up with that idea, was it from her culture or from her brain. Then she described how a litle spirit in a mini skirt talks to her and told her about it. This mini-skirt spirit also tells her what to wear. In fact, the spirit was sitting on Craig's shoulder, which prompted him to ask if she was naked. Totally bizarre and totally hilarious.

2. I was in Florida this past weekend and I would like to share a little story about a bird with you. There are tons of wild birds roaming/flying around in Florida. While I was there I saw pelicans and cranes and weird ducks. BUT, I also saw a peacock. This bird is amazing. I have never seen one out and about. I was in the car with my parents when I spotted it. My dad was just about to make a left turn onto the main road from a parking lot. I told him to wait a minute so we could watch the bird. So we watched as it looked both ways and crossed the road. Then it started coming closer to our car. Actually, it came right up to our car window. That's when my mom and I started freaking out and yelled at my dad to close the windows. We were thisclose to being pecked by this crazy bird. (Once I had a dream that I was being pecked by a duck.)

3. I might have posted about this before, but what could be better than a film written by Richard Kelly (Donnie Darko) and directed by Eli Roth (Cabin Fever)? The film is called The Box. It revolves around an unhappy married couple who receive a small wooden box on their doorstep. At the push of a button, the box brings its bearer instant wealth but also instantly kills someone the bearer doesn't know.


|

4 Comments:

At 4:04 PM, Blogger this is me said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 4:05 PM, Blogger this is me said...

That's a good point. I don't think I am going to that show anymore for other reasons, but I figured the dolls would have to cancel. Explains why they haven't played in the states in I don't know how many years.

Omaha has a great music scene. I love Saddle Creek.

 
At 4:57 AM, Blogger kranki said...

Wasn't that a Twilight Zone or Tales From the Darkside Episode?

 
At 9:34 AM, Blogger this is me said...

yes it was. I read that on imdb that Eli Roth loved that episode of twilight zone and wanted to make it into a movie.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Mawl Records!. Make your own badge here.

Upcoming Shows:

Dec 22:Macitajs on Acid @ the Black Cat

Jan 7:Len Bias, High Fives Happy Endings @ the Black Cat

Jan 11: The Hard Tomorrows @ Wonderland

Jan 19: Benjy Feree @ The Black Cat

Jan 22: Camera Obscura & Essex Green @ 9:30 Club

Feb 9:The Rapture @ Sonar

Feb 13: Stellastar* @ Rock n Roll Hotel

Feb 25: the One AM Radio @ Warehouse Nextdoor

Mar 4: Scissor Sisters @ 9:30 Club

Mar 6:Badly Drawn Boy @ 9:30 Club

My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington D.C., United States
Who Links Here Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Check me out!