Monday, January 05, 2004

Ah, 2004. So let's recap. I didn't want to go out on NYE, but I did. I kind of went with an 80's themed outfit, even wore sunglasses at nite. The party started at Liz's house. Sushi, champagne, cavier and amstel light, oh yeah Jay Z dance party too. This lasted until 10:30 when we realized that we needed to get over to the Velvet Lounge to see the Hard Tomorrows. We chugged the last of the champagne and hopped into a cab. At the Velvet, I remember another beer or two and some shots. The Hard Tomorrows were great. I was trashed. All I really remember is 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 Happy New Year and Liz handing me another shot. I couldn't even finish the shot (it might have been whisky - can't remember.) I whispered to someone that I had to go outside and started to fumble through the crowd almost falling on a few people. I made it outside and into an alley where I proceded to sit down and puke. Apparently people were concerned about me, but that's how I do it - alone. When I was done and realized where I was I called Liz and told her to help me, I was in an alley. She came and got me out of the alley onto some stairs where I met up with Sarah and Liz Ruby. I think I puked a few more times, no one seemed to mind. I tried to get into a few random people's cars and I think I also called a few people on my cell phone prior to the alley incident. Eventually I was put in a cab with Liz Ruby and I went back to Liz Crow's house. I somehow managed to change into PJs (but not without smashing a champagne glass to pieces) and passed out on the couch. Liz and Sarah went to Rishi's party after they left Velvet - but you will have to ask them about that.

The next day was truly a hard tomorrow. I woke up at 8:00 AM and a few minutes later Sarah woke up. We walked down to 7-11 to get gatorade and croissants. It felt like the apocalypse because we were the only ones outside. Back at home, we got into Perry's bed and watched music videos for hours. Every single thing was making us hungry - so eventually we got up and drove to Popeye's and bought a lot of food. We ate so much on New Year's Day it is disgusting: chicken, fries, mashies, biscuits, Liz's roommate Maile bought us fruit and made us ice cream cones and mozarella sticks and cookies. We also went out to dinner and had salads and mac and cheeses. That is so much food. We watched hour after hour of I love the 80s and the same commercial for Hotwire.com where the dad is about to help his kid jump into the deep end of the swimming pool for the first time ever in life. The kid is so cute - he has little swimmies on, but then the kid tells his dad that there is a quarter in the pool and dad pushes kid out of the way into the pool and jumps in to get it. Sarah laughs hysterically everytime she sees this. I took 2 naps and felt gross the whole day.

On Friday, I went home and slept all day and then went to the movies with Sarah to see Something's Gotta Give. It was so depressing because of the wrinkles and now I am afraid of getting old. I love Amanda Peet and Keanu was so cute as the doctor. Now I need wrinkle cream for my birthday (which is on thursday). I also saw Anything Else and loved it.

On Saturday, I went grocery shopping for the first time in months and it was hard. I hate it - it gives me anxiety. Then I met Liz and Run Run at the musuem and we looked at the mammels - they are so cute. That nite I watched TV at Liz's and was in a bad mood.

Sunday - I did nothing except realize that I need to go into spending detox - so that brings us up-to-date.

Oh yeah and while I was doing all of that - Britney Spears got married in Vegas and had her marriage annuled.

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Mawl Records!. Make your own badge here.

Upcoming Shows:

Dec 22:Macitajs on Acid @ the Black Cat

Jan 7:Len Bias, High Fives Happy Endings @ the Black Cat

Jan 11: The Hard Tomorrows @ Wonderland

Jan 19: Benjy Feree @ The Black Cat

Jan 22: Camera Obscura & Essex Green @ 9:30 Club

Feb 9:The Rapture @ Sonar

Feb 13: Stellastar* @ Rock n Roll Hotel

Feb 25: the One AM Radio @ Warehouse Nextdoor

Mar 4: Scissor Sisters @ 9:30 Club

Mar 6:Badly Drawn Boy @ 9:30 Club

My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington D.C., United States
Who Links Here Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Check me out!