Monday, January 26, 2004


THE END HAS NO END


I don't think that I have been sleeping properly since Thursday. On Friday I woke up with a sharp shooting pain in my left back. On Saturday nite, I had a dream that Sarah, Perry and I were walking down the street and all of a sudden a duck got out of a taxicab and and b-lined straight toward us and started poking us with his beak. Our only response was to lay down on the ground while the duck did this. (The duck was white and not cartoonish at all. It was a real duck.) So all day Saturday, I was on a mission to find a duck that had a likeness to the one I dreampt of so I could befriend it. Alas, you cannot find a duck on a keychain in DC, at least one that is not a cartoon. Sarah - being the good little mammal that she is - deciphered what this dream meant:

To see ducks in your dream, either represents spiritual freedom (if flying) or it represents the unconscious (if swimming). Ducks are rather multi-talented animals that can walk, swim and fly and thus may represent your flexibility and in blending into various situations. Alternatively, the dream may also indicate that you are setting yourself up or being set up for the kill as associated by the phrase "sitting duck". Also, the duck may be a pun on "ducking" some issue or situation, instead of confronting it head-on.

To see a white duck in your dream, signifies falsehood and deceit.


I like to fall asleep with the TV on. It keeps me company while I enter into dreamworld. I keep the remote on my bed (either over or under the covers.) If it is over the covers it usually ends up on the floor next to my bed. Well, this morning when I woke up the remote was on the other side of the room, which can only means that at some point during my sleep I must have flicked my comforter up and the remote soared across the room. I mean the back (where the batteries go in) came off.

Weekend Recap:

Friday nite Liz and I went to a party in MT. Pleasant. We had to take a lot of breaks, but we also got to ride in a mini cooper.
Saturday, I met Phantom Planet - so cute. They signed my CD - I'm sucha dork.
Then we went to Saint Ex for Liz Ruby's birthday. Our group got spilt up - Sarah and Liz got wasted - i got belligerent - big surprise.
Sunday - I slept til 1:30 p.m. and then we went to the diner. I have never seen Diner Boy look cuter than yesterday. He was wearing a white thermal with a white vintage baseball jersey over it. OMG. I need to stop thinking about the boy and just forget him. And logic will break your heart forever.


|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Mawl Records!. Make your own badge here.

Upcoming Shows:

Dec 22:Macitajs on Acid @ the Black Cat

Jan 7:Len Bias, High Fives Happy Endings @ the Black Cat

Jan 11: The Hard Tomorrows @ Wonderland

Jan 19: Benjy Feree @ The Black Cat

Jan 22: Camera Obscura & Essex Green @ 9:30 Club

Feb 9:The Rapture @ Sonar

Feb 13: Stellastar* @ Rock n Roll Hotel

Feb 25: the One AM Radio @ Warehouse Nextdoor

Mar 4: Scissor Sisters @ 9:30 Club

Mar 6:Badly Drawn Boy @ 9:30 Club

My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington D.C., United States
Who Links Here Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Check me out!