Monday, January 12, 2004

Highlights from Jan. 8 to present:

January 8th:

* My cubicle was festively decorated for my birthday, including a special birthday tiara that I wore most of the day. I received two bouquets of flowers, one from my boss Ted and one from my parents. I also received some Bath and Body Works lotions from Gwyneth - the best assistant from the UK ever. There was cake and my bosses gave me a Dave and Buster's giftcard (yay I'm 12 now.)

* Finally found Levante's in Dupont (across the street from the Olsson's that Phantom Planet will be doing an store appearance at on Jan. 24th.) Ate a lot - got really full - got some of the best presents ever (tea set, hair brush, wallet, anti-wrinkle cream, Phantom Planet CD.)

* My boss (the same one that got me flowers) called me at 10:30, while I was still at dinner, to ask me some retarded questions about work - yeah that was so important to interrupt my birthday dinner for.

* Went to the Raven - where I got more wonderful presents including some bling from Aimee. Paul tried to get me to do shots (but the thought of it made me sick since NYE). I also found out that I am the only girl in our group of friends that he has not made out with. That made me pissed for some reason, but do I really need reasons. Then I was pressured to either take a shot or make out with Paul (this pressure came only from Paul.) I chose to do neither.

January 9th:

* Slept til 11:00 then spent all day in bed watching TV and reading Franny and Zooey.

* Took a nap from 2:00 - 5:00.

* Used my new hair brush, which worked beautifully.

* Went to the Raven again.

* Went to the Diner with Liz and her troubled teens. John (aka Diner Boy) was there - said hi, asked what I was up to all while touching my shoulder. MEMO to Diner Boy: I gave you my e-mail address twice - but you never used it. SO - please don't touch me when you see me. If you don't like me, then don't talk to me. You are too cute and I am trying to not like you.

January 10th

* Woke up at 11:00 AM to go to the bank and buy cigarettes and gas.

* Watched Confessions of a Dangerous Mind - really good. I love Drew Barrymore in everything - she is so cool.

* Sarah came over - she is sad and going crazy. We tried to watch the Shape of Things, but it sucked, so we smoked a lot of cigarettes and watched SNL, it was funny.

January 11th

* Spent my time divided between my bed and the couch. Read Franny and Zooey. Watched The Original Italian Job, so funny - I love that late 60s humor.

* Watched the untitle bootleg cut of Almost Famous - which I decided is definitely in my top five favorite movies.

January 12th

* Work.

* Took my car in to get an estimate - it makes the most awful noises.

So, that is my unexciting life. Maybe after this spending detox I will have more exciting things to report. Right now everyone just wants me to council them - like I have all the answers or something. But I love to help out my friends and give them advice. I have always been told I am a good listener. So I am here to help as long as it doesn't conflict with The Gaunlet.

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Mawl Records!. Make your own badge here.

Upcoming Shows:

Dec 22:Macitajs on Acid @ the Black Cat

Jan 7:Len Bias, High Fives Happy Endings @ the Black Cat

Jan 11: The Hard Tomorrows @ Wonderland

Jan 19: Benjy Feree @ The Black Cat

Jan 22: Camera Obscura & Essex Green @ 9:30 Club

Feb 9:The Rapture @ Sonar

Feb 13: Stellastar* @ Rock n Roll Hotel

Feb 25: the One AM Radio @ Warehouse Nextdoor

Mar 4: Scissor Sisters @ 9:30 Club

Mar 6:Badly Drawn Boy @ 9:30 Club

My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington D.C., United States
Who Links Here Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Check me out!