Wednesday, April 14, 2004

Ew, gross.

Conversation I had on the elevator today:

Man: Are you going up?
(gets in elevator)
Can you hit 8?
(I hit 8 and notice that he is looking at me and look up.)
Man: How old are you? You look like you are 16.
Me: (I pause and as the elevator door opens I start to walk out) I'm a lot older than that.

Why are you A. hitting on me and B. why do I look like I am 16? Is it because my hair is in a ponytail today. Well, it's raining and my hair would look crazy if it wasn't and I don't want to look crazy. I am trying to look professional. Do I have to wear a business suit to look 24?

Back at my desk, Kelly starts talking about sex offenders and how her boyfriend, Mike, just sent her a link to all the sex offenders in Germantown. In cube world, this is what everyone will talk about for the next 15 minutes. Tara says that she knows one of the sex offenders because he lives on her street and apparantly in Germantown they put stickers on the mailboxes of these sex offenders. I don't think that you are allowed to do this because on the webpage it says that you can not harass these people. So, I start looking up NW DC to make sure my landlord or people on my block aren't sex offenders. I can't find anyone that I recognize. But it would be safe to say that there are a large number of sex offenders in Mt. Pleasant. If you have ever been to the 7-11 on the corner of my block you will know what I am talking about.

I decide to look up Takoma Park and see if any lived in my old apartment building. Cuz I did have those crazy Hatian crack dealers living next door for awhile, so anything goes. These crazy hatians had pix from penthouse taped up all over their apartment and once even hung it on the outside of their door. And they were always blasting the bass over there and I would just call the police, but Anna thought it was a good idea to go over to crazy Hatian crack apartment and tell them to turn it down. Then they knew it was us who had called the police and would kick on our door and threatened Anna one day while she was doing laundry. I mean before Liz moved out they would sit on the balcony and feed the birds and hit on any female walking by and invite them in for rice (the same rice they were throwing around for the birds.) I think this may be one of the reasons that Liz had to move out.

It took about 10 complaints before crack apt tenants were evicted.

I did not find any sex offenders living in Montgomery Gardens.

To continue my search I looked up Silver Spring and as I was scrolling down I came across a man that had temped in my department for a week. Not only did he temp, he was my temp and not only was he my temp, but Sarah had to sit in an office with this man for three days and stuff envelopes. I knew he was weird because he listened to a radio the side of a 2x4 post-it pad and he made personal phone calls. Sarah was my spy and would tell me that he was really slow and talked about headshots and being an actor. I went in there at one point to help them out because we had to stuff about 5,00 envelopes with 2 labels and 3 inserts. I forwarded my calls to the phone in the office and once when I picked it up they asked for Andre. This made me really pissed. I said that he was unable to come to the phone and hung up. Then I had to repremand my temp and tell him NO PERSONAL CALLS. I mean duh. I went through Adecco when I started here and they make sure to tell you no calls. And if you don't have a job that requires you to use the phone then definitely do not use it. This guy also had to be late everyday because for some reason he had to go to court every morning. Well, it turns out that he was a third degree sex offender, which means that he molested someone under age 15. This is disgusting and the fact that we had to work in a small room with him is gross and we all know that mammal looks young and is little and apparantly I look like I am 16.


Capturing the Friedmans screening in the cave tonite.

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Mawl Records!. Make your own badge here.

Upcoming Shows:

Dec 22:Macitajs on Acid @ the Black Cat

Jan 7:Len Bias, High Fives Happy Endings @ the Black Cat

Jan 11: The Hard Tomorrows @ Wonderland

Jan 19: Benjy Feree @ The Black Cat

Jan 22: Camera Obscura & Essex Green @ 9:30 Club

Feb 9:The Rapture @ Sonar

Feb 13: Stellastar* @ Rock n Roll Hotel

Feb 25: the One AM Radio @ Warehouse Nextdoor

Mar 4: Scissor Sisters @ 9:30 Club

Mar 6:Badly Drawn Boy @ 9:30 Club

My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington D.C., United States
Who Links Here Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Check me out!