Tuesday, March 30, 2004

Love the Killers, Don't Kill the lovers.


Last nite was the first alcohol free nite after almost 2 weeks of boozing up. I remember telling Sarah the other day that if I am not at work then I am drinking. I came to the realization that I needed to ease up for at least a day because of the events that occured on Sunday, March 28, 2004. On that nite, (at the Hard Tomorrows show) I was hostile, agressive, belligerent and dangerous. I called Kyle the devil and then made him buy me a drink. I repeatedly shouted "see you in hell," not directed at anyone at DC9 but at one specific person who was NOT there. I told Liz Crow something mean for no reason. I burnt 2 of my fingers with a match and almost burnt up Liz's jacket and bag after I accidently flicked the lit match (becuz it burned my fingers.) I made Sarah and Liz follow me to Kingpin to look for the aforementioned absent person. I had a fight with Liz in the cab and then repeatedly called her when I got home - and she hung up on me three times. Drinking makes me hostile and kinda scary.
The next day thank god that I had asked off from work cuz I felt shitty - and my eyes were totally puffy. I was supposed to get stuff done on my car but I blew that off to take care of easier things like rent and address change. I thought everyone in the world hated me and I drove to Tower in Rockville to buy some CDs and periodicals. That was very fun and cathartic for me. Got Ambulance and The Coral and 3 awesome little periodicals that I higly recommend to all: Venus, Filter and The Fader. On the way home, I heard some gossip, which upset me again and I had to call Kyle to apologize and set the record straight. That went well, but then Liz had to yell and call me psycho which made me cry all over again. But I had to be okay - life goes on and what was I going to do kill myself - NO! Drink a beer - NO! So I cleaned the apt and listened to my CDs and read my periodicals and smoked cigarettes and resisted the urge to open a beer.
Finally Sarah was home from work and she made me feel better about what had happened. We listened to Ambulance and read and then I took a itty bitty mini nap and she chatted with LCrow on the phone. Then we got ready for show(s) at the BlackCat.

Mainstage: The Killers, Ambulance, Stellastarr*

Backstage: Panthers, TV on the Radio

Mainstage: Fun, party, dance, rock - DC people just standing around looking bored but really having fun. Me chewing gum and trying hard not order a beer and drink water instead. Purchased the Killers 3track EP, debated buy some more merch, wandered around a little - checked out the Backstage (since I had stamps for both)

Backstage: Crowded, hot, yelling, technical problems, no sight of the band from the back.

Mainstage: cuteleadsinger (killers) and cuteguitarist (ambulance)

Backstage: don't know - I CANT SEE YOU.

************************************************************
Sarah and Liz looked beat up at the bar and the zombie barback wasn't helping the mood any.
Chatted with Liz - ignored our fight - this worked - I gave her gum - planets realigned but threw others off course. Sarah was sipping beer and secretly waiting for her better half to appear. I was exhausted because I had not been drinking.

After we left, we had a sneak preview of Mammal Hostility: Crow v. Claxton. (Which can be viewed on the Discovery Channel after Half Day Bathroom starring Eli Rosenberg.)

Cold, cab, curb. Crush? Crushed!!

Outcome:

I love the Killers!!!
I (still) love Diner Boy!! (sorry - I do)
I love having greasy hair - its fun and makes me wish I was a boy and in a band.
I love the Lou Reed/Strokes article in Filter - so insightful.
I love my apartment -even though we have no couch and a roach.
I love Take Down (thanks Rishi for the guitar solo)
I love my friends - they are fucking crazy. But the best.




|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Mawl Records!. Make your own badge here.

Upcoming Shows:

Dec 22:Macitajs on Acid @ the Black Cat

Jan 7:Len Bias, High Fives Happy Endings @ the Black Cat

Jan 11: The Hard Tomorrows @ Wonderland

Jan 19: Benjy Feree @ The Black Cat

Jan 22: Camera Obscura & Essex Green @ 9:30 Club

Feb 9:The Rapture @ Sonar

Feb 13: Stellastar* @ Rock n Roll Hotel

Feb 25: the One AM Radio @ Warehouse Nextdoor

Mar 4: Scissor Sisters @ 9:30 Club

Mar 6:Badly Drawn Boy @ 9:30 Club

My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington D.C., United States
Who Links Here Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Check me out!