Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Temptation

I resisted the temptation to go out on a Tuesday nite. Instead, I watched the new Real World Philly, did some laundry and painted my toenails. My life is really boring now that I don't spend a lot of money and stay up all nite. Actually, things are going better. I feel good. I have been going to the gym quite a bit and it's nice to relax at home instead of walking around in the humidity late at nite. I still do not go to bed early, but at least I can say that I accomplished something rather than having an empty wallet and a hangover.

Tonite I have plans to go see Donnie Darko Director's Cut with Liz at Visions. The last time that we tried to go to Visions was to see Party Monster last October. We were all dressed up for the event, but we never made it. Let's just blame it on technical difficulties. Liz had promised that there will be no gliches in our plan this time.

On Friday nite, Caroline and I are going to venture out further into DC. She wants to go out and have a "super fun time," so I have suggested trying someplace new. I think after awhile you get bored with faces and places. Fun becomes life's great conquest. The magic and the invisibility only last for so long, soon you realize that there is more to live than drinking and drugging. And you are forced, against your will, to find new things that bring fun into your life. The older I get the more I realize that things never stay the same. It always brings great disappointment into my life when patterns change and people disappear or decide that they don't want to do the same things anymore. I have decided to change myself before I am left with the "where have all my friends gone" face.

On Saturday is the art show:




|

1 Comments:

At 2:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love you. you're my fave role model.
and it's true, kissing in the rain only lasts a moment, and sometimes you get a cold.
-mammal

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Mawl Records!. Make your own badge here.

Upcoming Shows:

Dec 22:Macitajs on Acid @ the Black Cat

Jan 7:Len Bias, High Fives Happy Endings @ the Black Cat

Jan 11: The Hard Tomorrows @ Wonderland

Jan 19: Benjy Feree @ The Black Cat

Jan 22: Camera Obscura & Essex Green @ 9:30 Club

Feb 9:The Rapture @ Sonar

Feb 13: Stellastar* @ Rock n Roll Hotel

Feb 25: the One AM Radio @ Warehouse Nextdoor

Mar 4: Scissor Sisters @ 9:30 Club

Mar 6:Badly Drawn Boy @ 9:30 Club

My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington D.C., United States
Who Links Here Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Check me out!