Monday, October 25, 2004

A long overdue update.

I started writing this on Monday, October 25 and now it seems silly to post it. But, since I spent the time on it, I will post it and if you want to read it, go ahead.
Friday, Oct 22:
Team Grey Wall (Kelly, Brett, Tyler and me) painted and redecorated Ivy's bedroom in 4.5 hours. The only problem that TGW came across was when we opened the paint can and the grey paint was white!!! To solve this we mixed in some black paint, that Rob used for his room, and presto we had custom grey walls.

TGW met up with Team Fake Date (Ivy, April, Sarah and John) at the Black Cat. We briefly danced on the backstage and then headed back to Hobart to toast to Ivy's new room. Everyone followed her upstairs and just as she was about to open the door, she remembered that there was no toilet paper in the bathroom, so she turned around to go back downstairs to get some. Someone distracted her by saying they wanted to go sit on her balcony and she opened the door. It was so cute, she started crying, she loved it. It looked fabulous.

We milled around in the kitchen for awhile and then on the porch.
Kelly left me with her clipboard which provided hours of entertainment for me the rest of the evening. Check back tomorrow for Warnock's greatest moments.

The next 5 hours disappeared before my eyes. Soon we were walking out of Warnock's as the morning people were setting up their flowers and foods. I fell asleep to the sounds of the kids upstairs running around the house at 8AM.

Saturday, Oct 23:
Slept til 4pm, thank god, Sarah woke me up. I was able to get out of the house for a few daylight hours. Met Ivy at Dos Gringos for lunch. We tried to go back to her house and watch Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind under blankets that did not keep us warm. Being too cold to concentrate we left for the warmth of the cave. Toward the end of the movie, I started to believe in fate again. April joined us, the girls waited for me to shower and we walked over to the Raven for a drink. This was supposed to be a local low-key night, but of course we couldn't stay away from DC9. I have never seen DC9 this packed. Good job Monopoli. Where are all of your fans from? I heard its cuz Alfonso works at Kingpin. The night ended at the Diner with the mammal and Paul.


|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Mawl Records!. Make your own badge here.

Upcoming Shows:

Dec 22:Macitajs on Acid @ the Black Cat

Jan 7:Len Bias, High Fives Happy Endings @ the Black Cat

Jan 11: The Hard Tomorrows @ Wonderland

Jan 19: Benjy Feree @ The Black Cat

Jan 22: Camera Obscura & Essex Green @ 9:30 Club

Feb 9:The Rapture @ Sonar

Feb 13: Stellastar* @ Rock n Roll Hotel

Feb 25: the One AM Radio @ Warehouse Nextdoor

Mar 4: Scissor Sisters @ 9:30 Club

Mar 6:Badly Drawn Boy @ 9:30 Club

My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington D.C., United States
Who Links Here Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Check me out!