Friday, March 18, 2005

Minor Celebrities

1. Everyone's favorite Black Cat bartender, Chuck, is now Bartender of the Month (according to the Washington Post.) Stop by the Cat on Saturday for the French Toast/Shortstack/Spinto Band show and order a delicious drinky with a smile.

2. You know him, you love him. He's the Julian Casablancas look-a-like (minus the chin) who waits graveyard shift tables at the Diner. You may also remember him as Diner Boy. Now known as John, he has recently been spending some Fridays at Liberation. This week he can be found playing in the European Poker Tour on all expense paid trip to Monte Carlo. This is the big time poker world with a $10,000 buy-in. I read that he made it through the first day. I have asked John to help me with my poker skills when he returns to D.C. to prepare me for my trip to Vegas on April 1. So, if the poker stud (ha ha, I love puns) can fit me into his busy schedule, I may well be on my way to winning big in Vegas and buying my mom a Judith Leiber purse, which she says I have to get her for her birthday if I win.

3. Robby Bobby, aka Rob Pierangeli, is playing his first solo set since the last Hard Tomorrows show on NYE 2005. Playing at DC9 with Paul Michel and The Sketches on Monday, March 21, this is show that should not be missed. I have heard some of the songs through the walls of the Hobart House and I have heard that they are good. Find out what he has been working on since January.

4. And last but never least, your own Megadork, Ms. Meg Casablancas, has filmed an episode of Motormouth with the ever loveable Avram. I will keep you posted on when our show airs, but it should be sometime in mid-May.

|

4 Comments:

At 10:44 AM, Blogger Avram Polinsky said...

We need to have a mega-souper-huge party for that beeeatch.
Too bad we're not sure if it will air with the Washington episode, or the Arlingotn episode.
I guess that means we'll have to have 2 mega-souper parties.

 
At 11:13 AM, Blogger this is me said...

Yeah, we will definitely have a MEGASOUPER party. Nice call Av!

 
At 2:34 PM, Blogger Dumbek said...

Which bartender is Chuck?

 
At 5:28 PM, Blogger this is me said...

Adorable black dude with earrings.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Mawl Records!. Make your own badge here.

Upcoming Shows:

Dec 22:Macitajs on Acid @ the Black Cat

Jan 7:Len Bias, High Fives Happy Endings @ the Black Cat

Jan 11: The Hard Tomorrows @ Wonderland

Jan 19: Benjy Feree @ The Black Cat

Jan 22: Camera Obscura & Essex Green @ 9:30 Club

Feb 9:The Rapture @ Sonar

Feb 13: Stellastar* @ Rock n Roll Hotel

Feb 25: the One AM Radio @ Warehouse Nextdoor

Mar 4: Scissor Sisters @ 9:30 Club

Mar 6:Badly Drawn Boy @ 9:30 Club

My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington D.C., United States
Who Links Here Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Check me out!