Monday, July 25, 2005

Let's get updated.

On Thursday night, I went to Wonderland for the Red Right Return show. This was RRR's first show in awhile. At first I couldn't hear any of Tim's vocals from where I was sitting, on a couch near the front of the stage. It was really pissing me off too, cuz I like his lyrics. After a few songs that were pissing me off, I moved to the back of the bar and found that you could hear his voice clearly out of the back speaker. Obviously, Wonderland is not the best place for shows. I got really tired after they played and left with Matt around 11:00. I turns out that Liz and Ivy got there around 11:30 p.m. I had been missing Liz all week. I would say that I was going to meet her somewhere and I either was sick and didn't show or I peaced before she got there. Ivy was just back from her business trip and still made it over. I missed them that night, but Matt had to get up at 5:30 a.m. for work, so we had no choice.

Friday night, Matt picked me up from work and we had drinks at Tonic before I got in a horrible mood and almost didn't go to the Kaiser Chiefs. I am glad that I have Matt and Sparks to cheer my up, because the show was great. The Cribs opened and they were what I would call a cutesie band. Cute British boys with cute songs and lyrics. Kaiser Chiefs put on a great show, very engaging. I was excited by every song that they played until I had to pee my brains out and couldn't dance anymore. After a stop at the bathroom, Matt and I relocated to the back of the floor where we had more room to dance and drink my $11 vodka red bull. We ran into Bill from DC9 and chatted about the show. I hope that Matt blogs about his impressions of the band.

We both don't have cell phone service right now, because we are renting an apartment in August and had to pay the security deposit a few weeks ago. So, it has been hard to stay connected with the outside world. The good thing is that Matt can receive incoming calls, so Ivy called at 12:30, as we requested and we went to Hobart to pick her up. We stopped at the Cat to see who was there, round up people and move on to a Tonic party. The only person that we rounded was Aric. As soon as we left the Cat, it started pouring. Apparently, we were in the car for the entire time of the big storm that cut off power to Silver Spring and knocked down a tree in the Harvard House backyard. I was freaking out because we were driving up that big hill on 14th Street during the rain and we couldn't see a thing. I thought that I was going to die for a minute or two, but as soon as we parked it stopped raining. I screamed and ran across the street as I dodged lighting bolts. This alleged Tonic party, was nothing more than a get together. I was thrown off my the Dave Matthews that was playing when we walked in. I tried to drink some box wine, before I realized that I was really drunk and I didn't need to be out anymore. Matt and I peaced when Ivy started debating some guy in the living room on the Beatles v. The Stones.

On Saturday, I met Ivy and Liz at Tonic for brunch. We met up with Jay at Diversity Park, you know, the park on Columbia Road where the Pigeons hang out. Then we walked down to 18th Street and did a little bit of shopping. I finally went to Jolt n Bolt. We had delicious fruit smoothies and sat in the alley seating area. This is officially my new favorite place to sit.

more to come . . .

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Mawl Records!. Make your own badge here.

Upcoming Shows:

Dec 22:Macitajs on Acid @ the Black Cat

Jan 7:Len Bias, High Fives Happy Endings @ the Black Cat

Jan 11: The Hard Tomorrows @ Wonderland

Jan 19: Benjy Feree @ The Black Cat

Jan 22: Camera Obscura & Essex Green @ 9:30 Club

Feb 9:The Rapture @ Sonar

Feb 13: Stellastar* @ Rock n Roll Hotel

Feb 25: the One AM Radio @ Warehouse Nextdoor

Mar 4: Scissor Sisters @ 9:30 Club

Mar 6:Badly Drawn Boy @ 9:30 Club

My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington D.C., United States
Who Links Here Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Check me out!