Thursday, January 29, 2004

Haircuts, t-shirts, Wizards and Unicorns!

What a fantastic weekend I have planned. After finding Paris Hilton's new apparel (see picture below) I must spend time this weekend putting cute little slogans on t-shirts. Some of the approved slogans:

* Front: Messy hair. Back: Big Face.
* Front: Want to Back: or no?
* From Mammals to Robots (which is the new band name)
* I mean ...

I also NEED to get my haircut. It is so dry in this weather and I definitely need some new BedHead products. They rule my world.
We saw the most amazing show last nite at Fletcher's - the Unicorns and the Stills. The Unicorns wear pastel pink - one in a suit, one in a vest and one in suspenders. Suspenders has the most beautiful lips and his eyes glisten through his straight hair that covers all of his face except for his lips. Mwah!! During their set a man with a mullet wig (he was with the band) spat beer on Sarah and I. After the show I bumped into this boy and told him that he spit beer on us. He asked me how I felt about that. I mean ... at first I was totally grossed out, then I wiped Sarah's face with my scarf and she did the same for me. Then we laughed and then I felt really rock-n-roll. The Unicorns' drummer asked us to come party with them - but Sarah had to take care of some business back in D.C. and even though I was pissed we left. The Stills were unbelievable. We were right up front - I could see up their nostrils. During the last song, "Yesterday Never Tomorrows" I cried. I know it sounds cheesy, but I was so moved. Cigarettes - silhouettes. Liz invited the Unicorns to her Super Bowl party because they are playing a show at the Black Cat on Sunday and they need to watch the game and party before the show. Yay party with the Unicorns/Super Bowl Sunday.
In other sports news I am going to see the Suns v. Wizards game on friday. If you remember back to Junior year - I was obsessed with Tom Gugliotta. Why you may ask? Because he went to my high school and I'm sorry but that's fucking cool. And maybe I will venture to the Diner at some point and try my luck again.

I hope it is a magical weekend for all!!

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Mawl Records!. Make your own badge here.

Upcoming Shows:

Dec 22:Macitajs on Acid @ the Black Cat

Jan 7:Len Bias, High Fives Happy Endings @ the Black Cat

Jan 11: The Hard Tomorrows @ Wonderland

Jan 19: Benjy Feree @ The Black Cat

Jan 22: Camera Obscura & Essex Green @ 9:30 Club

Feb 9:The Rapture @ Sonar

Feb 13: Stellastar* @ Rock n Roll Hotel

Feb 25: the One AM Radio @ Warehouse Nextdoor

Mar 4: Scissor Sisters @ 9:30 Club

Mar 6:Badly Drawn Boy @ 9:30 Club

My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington D.C., United States
Who Links Here Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Check me out!