Thursday, June 17, 2004

An idea that I have proposed:

Dear Mike, Info and Liz:

My heart breaks when I hear of Bobby's troubles. As the lead singer, he needs to be more careful, there are people out there who cannot wait for June 19 and 28 and they are waiting for Bobby. I have seen the message board and I know about the Bobby fans (circa Army of Me.) They don't know about the other members or the music, but as soon as the first note is played they will be hooked. These girls are crucial to the success of the Hard Tomorrows - they are the street team. They spread the word to the people.

Also crucial to the success of the Hard Tomorrows is practice. Since Bobby has been arrested and been in an accident, there is no way for the HTs to get to practice unless Mike takes the Oldsmobile out to DC and then back to Summerhaus - this involves stopping at Swann, Emerson and Hobart.

I would like to propose a deal to you, mike and info: Meg Casablancas aka Sara Kaplan would like to offer her services(car) to the Hard Tomorrows. If allowed to attend practice and act as liaison between the HTs and the fans, Meg would drive Bobby, Rishi and Manny to practice. (I mean, you guys don't practice too much.) As liaison, I would (during practice) answer fanmail/email, get the band to sign posters for the fanclub, publish the newsletter (liz would write the articles and sarah would take the pictures), etc. Really the possibilities are endless. I would like to follow in Juliet Joslin's footsteps (except I won't be marrying the HTs lead singer.)

This both provides to future success to the HTs and gives back to the fans.

its 11:22 and I have not done an ounce of work. I am looking for a way out of the desk. please help

-meg (superfan/asst. manager?)

Responses:

from liz:

Bunk this is very cute.

from mike:

well, the fanmail is getting overwhelming...
me and the cutlass S like yr ideas, we'd be forever indebted.
the bucolic splendor of summerhaus awaits you, who would hitch their sail to the winds of bobby.
riberious chakramooga, your thoughts?
viva la bobby,
kit

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Mawl Records!. Make your own badge here.

Upcoming Shows:

Dec 22:Macitajs on Acid @ the Black Cat

Jan 7:Len Bias, High Fives Happy Endings @ the Black Cat

Jan 11: The Hard Tomorrows @ Wonderland

Jan 19: Benjy Feree @ The Black Cat

Jan 22: Camera Obscura & Essex Green @ 9:30 Club

Feb 9:The Rapture @ Sonar

Feb 13: Stellastar* @ Rock n Roll Hotel

Feb 25: the One AM Radio @ Warehouse Nextdoor

Mar 4: Scissor Sisters @ 9:30 Club

Mar 6:Badly Drawn Boy @ 9:30 Club

My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington D.C., United States
Who Links Here Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Check me out!