Monday, August 16, 2004

I was in NY for the weekend. Plans to go to the Underground Garage Rock Fest did not turn out as planned, but I listened to the Strokes set on Sirius Satellite Radio. You can get a free 3-day guest pass. The quality was great and even though they only played a short set, it was great. Julian continues to crack me up, drunken bastard.

Otherwise the weekend was fun. Watched the huge HD tv with my dad, went to a stupid Long Island bar called the Crazy Donkey and got wasted with people from high school, went to the mall, and visited Mera in the city.

Last nite I got home from my trip at 12:30 a.m. Sarah was watching these weird shows on Fox, I think she was too tired to get up and change the channel. (Our remote is, and has been for quite some time been broken.) So finally, I could not take what she was watching anymore and I changed to the Olympics. We love Phelps. I love those swimmers, they are so shiny, I want to touch them. I especially love Thorpe from Australia.

OMG!!


It was impossible to shut the tv off between swimming and woman's gymnastics, but finally, we overcame the urge to stay up all nite. Finally got into bed around 3:30 a.m.

It was impossible to wake up this morning, mostly because of a strange dream that I had. In the dream, I was Conan O'Brien's assistant and Avram threw a portable phone down on the ground. And started attacking Conan. I had to answer the phone when Jeb Bush called, but it was a prank, and fend off Avram. I am an amazing assistant!

Tonite is the Ambulance LTD show. I am so excited I am going to burst. Now only if I knew what I am going to wear. This is important, being a groupie and all.


|

5 Comments:

At 4:27 PM, Blogger Avram Polinsky said...

Why would I throw a phone? And what was I doing attacking Conan? Maybe Carmen Electra was gonna be on the show, and I wanted to be the host so I could meet her. As anyone can tell you, fending me off takes no less than full concentration (possibly even more, so it was a bad move to try to supress the Av and talk on the phone at the same time. Keep that in mind next time I try to terrorize your dreams.
Also thanks for not posting about the other dream you had that I was in. It was a bit too graphic and NC-17 for public consumption.

 
At 4:30 PM, Blogger nm said...

well, clearly you have to show some cleavage if you want to be a good groupie.

 
At 4:35 PM, Blogger this is me said...

Responses toComments in 2 Parts:

1. We were in his office, not on stage. Also, you only wish I had an X-rated dream about you. But I only dream about celebrities, I'm lucky like that.

2. Even though I am not lacking in the cleavage department, I try to stay away from it. I was thinking of dressing down, but still looking cute.

 
At 4:41 PM, Blogger nm said...

well, i guess if you want to go for the cute and classy groupie look :-)

 
At 4:54 PM, Blogger this is me said...

I don't know. It's not the hugest deal ever. I will probably just throw something together at the last minute. I can't believe I am stressing out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Mawl Records!. Make your own badge here.

Upcoming Shows:

Dec 22:Macitajs on Acid @ the Black Cat

Jan 7:Len Bias, High Fives Happy Endings @ the Black Cat

Jan 11: The Hard Tomorrows @ Wonderland

Jan 19: Benjy Feree @ The Black Cat

Jan 22: Camera Obscura & Essex Green @ 9:30 Club

Feb 9:The Rapture @ Sonar

Feb 13: Stellastar* @ Rock n Roll Hotel

Feb 25: the One AM Radio @ Warehouse Nextdoor

Mar 4: Scissor Sisters @ 9:30 Club

Mar 6:Badly Drawn Boy @ 9:30 Club

My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington D.C., United States
Who Links Here Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Check me out!