Wednesday, December 29, 2004

The Birth of Meg

Recently, people have been asking me why my nickname is Meg, since my real name is Sara. I rarely tell the story, basically because it's stupid. But I will now put it down on my blog for all to read.

It was Freshman year of college at the University of Maryland and my new friends and I just got back from Midnight Madness. We had assembled in Liz's room and were drinking and playing card games when there was a knock on the door. On the otherside of the door, were three sophomore boys trying to get in our room and hang out with the cute freshman girls. Their plan was to grab an empty pizza box and pretend that they were the delivery guys. (We could hear them whispering this plan through the door.) So one of the three knocked on the door and said that they had a pizza for Megan. Instead of saying that there was no one named Megan, I pretended that I was Megan and opened the door. The rest of the night to keep the act going, my friends called me Megan.

From that incident on, people started calling me Megan Abercrombie (cuz I always wore these red Abercrombie track pants around the dorm) and then it was shortened to just Meg. Liz (who has been my friend since 1998) likes one syllable names like Meg. (Her roommates names are Tim, Rob and Ivy and she of course is Liz.) I also had a roommate at the time named Sarah (as I do again now.) The Meg stuck and now people know me as Meg, but others know me as Sara (without the H of course.)

The End. It's stupid, but now you know.

|

2 Comments:

At 9:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ivy is 2 syllables.

 
At 9:38 AM, Blogger this is me said...

but it's a 3 letter name, you get the point.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Mawl Records!. Make your own badge here.

Upcoming Shows:

Dec 22:Macitajs on Acid @ the Black Cat

Jan 7:Len Bias, High Fives Happy Endings @ the Black Cat

Jan 11: The Hard Tomorrows @ Wonderland

Jan 19: Benjy Feree @ The Black Cat

Jan 22: Camera Obscura & Essex Green @ 9:30 Club

Feb 9:The Rapture @ Sonar

Feb 13: Stellastar* @ Rock n Roll Hotel

Feb 25: the One AM Radio @ Warehouse Nextdoor

Mar 4: Scissor Sisters @ 9:30 Club

Mar 6:Badly Drawn Boy @ 9:30 Club

My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington D.C., United States
Who Links Here Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Check me out!