Thursday, August 04, 2005

Frodo Launches Record Label

from imdb.com
Actor Wood To Launch Record Label

The Lord Of The Rings star Elijah Wood is such a fan of rock music he's decided to launch his own record label. Wood will open the as-yet-untitled label later this year and he's hoping to attract a wide range of acts. The 24-year-old says, "Since I was 13, I've been utterly obsessed with music. There's a wealth of amazing bands out there who have nowhere to go. I want to have the chance to release things that might not necessarily get released otherwise. My taste is pretty eclectic, so my label won't have a specific sound. Though if Radiohead are ever looking for a deal, I'd sign them any time." But, despite his willingness to help musicians secure a record deal, Wood has no plans to release his own album. He tells British magazine Q, "I don't have a great love for bands with actors in them. Me prancing around onstage? That's not going to happen."

So who is Frodo going to put on his label? Actor friends? Or legitimate musicians? I think it would be pretty fun to be on his label. You automatically would get a lot of press. Is that a good thing or a bad thing? It could go either way. I suggest that people start sending him demos and let's see.

|

1 Comments:

At 3:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I sent him a demo. I'll be sure to let the world know if anything comes of it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Mawl Records!. Make your own badge here.

Upcoming Shows:

Dec 22:Macitajs on Acid @ the Black Cat

Jan 7:Len Bias, High Fives Happy Endings @ the Black Cat

Jan 11: The Hard Tomorrows @ Wonderland

Jan 19: Benjy Feree @ The Black Cat

Jan 22: Camera Obscura & Essex Green @ 9:30 Club

Feb 9:The Rapture @ Sonar

Feb 13: Stellastar* @ Rock n Roll Hotel

Feb 25: the One AM Radio @ Warehouse Nextdoor

Mar 4: Scissor Sisters @ 9:30 Club

Mar 6:Badly Drawn Boy @ 9:30 Club

My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington D.C., United States
Who Links Here Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Check me out!