Wednesday, March 10, 2004

I am just about to go into a training class at work called Expressing Yourself: Presenting Your Thoughts and Ideas. Discovery classes are a great way to be away from your desk for 3 hours, eat snacks and drink bottled water.

I saw my boyfriend, Julian, last nite at Nation. I acquired a few free tickets to the show and found that Liz, Rishi and Kyle wanted to join me and Liz Ruby. Yay - carpool to Southeast.

Poor mammal is sick and could not come out and play.

I don't know if you have been to Nation, but it is crazy there. They have three check points when you go in. First you get your 21 + wristband, then you get patted down by a same-sex security guard.
Female Security Guard w/ piercings as she feels my jacket pocket: "What are these?"
Me: " These are keys."

Final check point was to get our tickets ripped. Next stop bathroom since I drank 5 beers from 6:00 - 8:00. Check out the merch. Then walk through a maze to find a place where we could sorta see Julian. Nation sucks. You can't see anything and the sound does not carry well to the balcony. But the Strokes are great - even if you can't see Julian and his rock moves - you can at least see me re-create them. Befriended this boy who looked like Chris Santulli and he bought me beer and sang all the songs to me during the show. This was kind of annoying cuz I was trying already to see Julian and now I had to try to hear him too.

We also saw Lil Liz (aka Hippie Liz) whose birthday is on Friday and Liz and I might be going to Upper Marlboro to see her and get a painting. (Liz we need to discuss this). Friday nite is also the Frequency/Trans Am show at the Black Cat.

I hope that I am not stll recovering on Friday from last nite. I was pretty drunk (which explains the tugging on my jacket lapel Julian re-enactments.)

I also just remembered that we went to the Diner last nite and I was acting stupid, thank god D.B. was not there - that's all I can say. I had to go into great detail about my thing with him and then Liz gets all pissed at me. What can I say though he does bear a striking resemblance to Julian.

Time for Expressing Yourself class.

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Mawl Records!. Make your own badge here.

Upcoming Shows:

Dec 22:Macitajs on Acid @ the Black Cat

Jan 7:Len Bias, High Fives Happy Endings @ the Black Cat

Jan 11: The Hard Tomorrows @ Wonderland

Jan 19: Benjy Feree @ The Black Cat

Jan 22: Camera Obscura & Essex Green @ 9:30 Club

Feb 9:The Rapture @ Sonar

Feb 13: Stellastar* @ Rock n Roll Hotel

Feb 25: the One AM Radio @ Warehouse Nextdoor

Mar 4: Scissor Sisters @ 9:30 Club

Mar 6:Badly Drawn Boy @ 9:30 Club

My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington D.C., United States
Who Links Here Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Check me out!