Thursday, September 01, 2005

Wednesday Wino

The show at Polly's last nite was funtastic. I got there early, around 8 with Matt and Jay. We ate dinner with Aaron, Tom and Sean (of the still unnamed new band) and Bobby. Yummy yummy delish was dinner. And I ordered and succeeded in drinking an entire half carafe of wine, followed by sharing a full carafe with Melina. Holy. I got dr-unk.

Others joined our group: Liz, Gwen, Cory and girlfriend, Warnock. The show was fun. Bobby played his cute covers of the Kinks' Got My Feet on the Ground and the Talking Heads' Sugar on My Tongue and Matt really wanted to get on stage and do the Ludacris part, instead he just whispered it in my ear. (Note - The Hard Tomorrows covered this song first.)

The new unnamed band was super cute. Aaron is a little British school boy when he sings. A girl with pink hair told us to be quiet during their set. Her reason being that she wanted the people at the back on the tiny bar to be able to hear the band. She basically told us to shut the eff up, which made no sense since we were friends with the people playing and were the only ones in aforementioned tiny bar that cared.

I remember walking back to the car and how I made Matt keep the palm of his hand flat on the top of my head. Then I passed out laying down in the back of Jay's car. I think that everyone else went to St. Ex. to rendezvous with Xiu Xiu people.

Back inside our apartment, I fell onto the bed and Matt had to put my PJs on for me. Amazingly, I did not oversleep today and did not have a hangover.

Today went pretty quickly and tomorrow they are closing the office at 3:00. Tonight, I am going over to Liz's and we are going to watch Wicker Park and the Ring 2 and drink wine. And I am going to get scared and scream a lot and maybe need to cuddle with a knife.

|

1 Comments:

At 1:24 PM, Blogger nm said...

awww, i wish i'd made it to polly's. i was completely exhausted from bluestate the night before and had to work late and then came home and passed out. it sounds like i missed a fun show.

I watched Wicker Park recently and it was disappointing, but maybe you won't dislike it as much as I did... I'm too scared to see the Ring 2 or that scary one with Sarah Michelle Gellar.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Mawl Records!. Make your own badge here.

Upcoming Shows:

Dec 22:Macitajs on Acid @ the Black Cat

Jan 7:Len Bias, High Fives Happy Endings @ the Black Cat

Jan 11: The Hard Tomorrows @ Wonderland

Jan 19: Benjy Feree @ The Black Cat

Jan 22: Camera Obscura & Essex Green @ 9:30 Club

Feb 9:The Rapture @ Sonar

Feb 13: Stellastar* @ Rock n Roll Hotel

Feb 25: the One AM Radio @ Warehouse Nextdoor

Mar 4: Scissor Sisters @ 9:30 Club

Mar 6:Badly Drawn Boy @ 9:30 Club

My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington D.C., United States
Who Links Here Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Check me out!