Friday, March 19, 2004

and so it goes

Velvet on a Monday nite. We stopped into Velvet to see what was going on and someone told Sarah that AC was upstairs - so we go upstairs and it is packed and there is some band with Bjork in their name and the singer has like a huge afro and a hat on. We find AC, Erin Worley, John (from the Frequency) and Ditrich (who we later find out has been fired from Velvet.) Liz Ruby and I both sense that it is time to move on so we get Sarah and we leave and walk about 2 steps over to Kingpin (the DC speakeasy that stays open pretty late.) Let's not forget that it is Monday and we should be sleeping and preparing mentally for work, but we are taking the town like its Saturday.

The first time I went in Kingpin was last weekend and I was freaked out because there was an altercation outside between the doorman and a homeless man. The doorman was pissed because the homeless guy was panhandling (or maybe just sitting in front of Kingpin) and he asked him to move down. Then he threw homeless guy against a van and I just stood there and watched because Liz C. had gone in to talk to someone and I was waiting outside. But I mean, what's the big deal is homeless guy sits outside, its not like you run this fancy ass bar. It's a small upstairs dive bar. The only other time that I was going to go to Kingpin was the nite of the Walkmen show. Apparantly, Paul's (not Rihani - don't know his lastname) friend's cousin is Paul from the Walkmen (I know - that's too many Paul's in one sentence) and we were going to meet up with them and the Walkmen at Kingpin. The Walkmen are from DC so family members are always at the shows, hence the old people getting lost on V Street. I really wanted to go and snuggle up to Hamilton on the couch, but it was a Wednesday and Liz C. and I were trying to be responsible. Okay - back to Monday nite. So we went in and I wasn't scared this time and it was fun - Liz Ruby and I admited that we were both on missions to find the boys that we liked and even though there had been a DB sighting earlier that nite by Kyle, Coop and co, I was unable to find him and even though 2/5 of the Frequency were at Velvet that nite, there was no sign of Sebastian. This made us both a little sad, but I guess that's why we kept drinking the beer. Eventually, we left Kingpin for home, a little disappointed, and a lot drunk. Overall, the nite was fun and a nice change from the usual Monday nite.

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Mawl Records!. Make your own badge here.

Upcoming Shows:

Dec 22:Macitajs on Acid @ the Black Cat

Jan 7:Len Bias, High Fives Happy Endings @ the Black Cat

Jan 11: The Hard Tomorrows @ Wonderland

Jan 19: Benjy Feree @ The Black Cat

Jan 22: Camera Obscura & Essex Green @ 9:30 Club

Feb 9:The Rapture @ Sonar

Feb 13: Stellastar* @ Rock n Roll Hotel

Feb 25: the One AM Radio @ Warehouse Nextdoor

Mar 4: Scissor Sisters @ 9:30 Club

Mar 6:Badly Drawn Boy @ 9:30 Club

My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington D.C., United States
Who Links Here Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Check me out!