Tuesday, June 22, 2004

Friday Nite I crashed your party,

My Friday nite started as soon as I left the office at 6pm. I met up with Liz and Anne at Island Jim's Tiki Bar. This place is incredible, as soon as you enter, you feel like you have been transported to Key West or something. They have sand and Rum Runners in DC. It wasn't long before Sarah started calling to ask when we were going to be back for Reizou at DC9 at 8.

Jesse quit Reizou last week, but they still sounded great. All that practicing has really paid off. Liz always asks me why the have a DJ after the bands. She said that people are paying for the bands, not the DJ and that it drives people out early. But they played Reptilia (makes me happy) and they were screening Blow Up.

We ditched DC9 for the Black Cat aroun midnightish. Kyle drove us. I quickly recounted my strokes dream to him (which I knew he would crack up at) and sarah and I ran out of the car. Liz was supposedly going home to hang out with her roommates, bobby moved in on friday and there was a massive cleaning, chilling out thing going on.

Earlier that day someone from the MC5 came into Pop and bought a shirt from Sarah and put her on the list + 1 for that nite. After being upstairs for less than 5 minutes I had to buy cigarettes and went back downstairs where I ran into Liz. Apparently, she was confused why we left her in the car. So I explained how we thought she was going home and she thought she was coming with us so she went in without her and since she wasn't on the list she didnt know how to find us. Liz and I sat at the bar in front of Chuck and texted and called Sarah til she realized that I ditched her and we were downstairs. Chuck pours us all a shot and gets us into 80s alt pop dance party. This was fun, until it got too sweaty and Sarah disappeared to make a phone call.

Soon we were on the street and then we were at Rishi's banging on his door at 3am. (I have already apologized for this repeatedly, but once again sorry Rishi.) Sarah was pissed that we were there cuz me and Liz were wasted and apparently, Rishi's roommate's 4 year old daughter was sleeping there, but no one told us, so we were being loud. And, really no one was trying to control us so we just continued on our drunken tirade. Sarah said that she was coming over so Liz and I decided to hide out and take a break on the back stoop. Liz was messy, she fell down into the marshland that is Rishi's backyard. She showed me her scrape last nite. We drunk dialed Perry and Bobby and then we decided that Sarah and Rishi didnt want us there so we ran down the alley, apparently, Sarah ran after us, but we didn't even see her, let alone know that she was calling our names out.

We were going to take a cab home, but Liz said that we should just walk up 16th street. This was quite the adventure. Sarah called to yell at us but we didn't know why she was mad. First she didn't want us there and then she was mad cuz we left. Liz picked a flower to give to Sarah, but the roots and a lot of dirt was still attached. Instead of giving it to Sarah, she threw it at me and got dirt all over my shirt. We drunk dialed Avram. Liz and I were still laughing so hard from the dirt incident that she kept telling Avram "please hold while I process your account information." Liz sat down on the sidewalk. We were a fucking mess!

I called Sarah back and she was kinda pissed at us so we went back to Rishi's to get her. Liz and I ran upstairs to the bathroom. Usually, when we are fucked up Liz gets in the bathtub. This time she told me too. I think Liz might have blogged before about the old stupid drunken things we have done in the past, and if she hasn't than she should, but y'all should know how we roll by now.

Across the street these 3 guys called us over to look in someone's window. They said that there was a guy in there who was wearing a speedo, but by the time we peeked in the light was off. We tried to get the guys to give us a ride back to Mt. Pleasant, but they said no and Sarah called us prostitutes. So, we started walking, but Sarah made us get in a cab and there was a lot of yelling in the cab.

The thing about Sarah is that she never stays mad for too long. Even though we were acting like drunk assholes all nite she forgave us. It was all blamed on miscommunication.

|

1 Comments:

At 7:09 PM, Blogger Avram Polinsky said...

Yeah nice one with the 3AM drunken call. I was on my back porch when my phone rang, and when I got the message it was Sara screeching my name souper loud and long. I call her back and it sounded maybe like they were in trouble and needed a ride someplace. They were definatley wasted something crazy. Sara was talking jibberish, then she put me on hold. I don't like being on hold, so I hung up and called Liz. Liz was laughing way too much and trying to put me on hold also. When I figured out that they were ok and didn't need my help for anything I had enough.
Pretty funny how I've become the designated drunk phone call.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Mawl Records!. Make your own badge here.

Upcoming Shows:

Dec 22:Macitajs on Acid @ the Black Cat

Jan 7:Len Bias, High Fives Happy Endings @ the Black Cat

Jan 11: The Hard Tomorrows @ Wonderland

Jan 19: Benjy Feree @ The Black Cat

Jan 22: Camera Obscura & Essex Green @ 9:30 Club

Feb 9:The Rapture @ Sonar

Feb 13: Stellastar* @ Rock n Roll Hotel

Feb 25: the One AM Radio @ Warehouse Nextdoor

Mar 4: Scissor Sisters @ 9:30 Club

Mar 6:Badly Drawn Boy @ 9:30 Club

My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington D.C., United States
Who Links Here Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Check me out!