Wednesday, June 23, 2004

Sunday came. I trashed it out again.

I am ending the saga of my fucked up weekend. First - I have been playing around with the look of the title. It's still a little bit of a work in progress, but I am happy with it for now. (It is my favorite pic of Julian ever - before he got all crazy and alcoholic.)

So in brief, I woke up at 2:00 on Sunday in a great deal of pain from my fall the day before. I immediately started icing and medicating, at least as soon as I was able to pick myself out of my bed. Sarah had been at a shoot with her mom since 9:00am, ouch!! We hadn't gone to bed until 6am. The rest of the day was spent hobbling around my apartment, hobbling up to 7-11 for snacks, trying to get in touch with the mammal and trying to decide if I really should be going to the Franz Ferdinand show later that nite. Around 8:00 I headed over to the 9:30 club to get my tickets from Ben.

I couldn't get in touch with Sarah until it was too late and she still needed to celebrate father's day. In the end I went to the show alone, met up with Warnock and rocked out to FF. They were fucking incredible and I wish that I wasn't so hungover and drugged out and in such pain that I could have been down on the floor dancing. What a shame. But I still enjoyed them. Loved the drummer's gold chain and v-neck sweater and the Agent Cooper look-a-like on guitar/synth.

Of course I hit up the merch table, you know, we like merch. For myself, I purchased the green/yellow shortsleeve bball tee and for Sarah (since she missed the show and all) I purchased the cute little underwear. She loves them, ask her about them and maybe she'll show you, but then again, I doubt it.

As I was catching a cab home, another girl was trying to get in my cab. After chatting with her briefly, I figured out that it was Sara, Popular Cult, the girl who knows Kappy at Brandeis. Such a small fucking world and now all DC Bloggers are trying to unite to try and overthrow the NYC scene. Something about purple ribbon and paperclip bracelets. I am just trying to get people out for the HT show. Folks, do you realize that HT is playing the Black Cat on Monday and that there will be a merch table. Whoa!!

|

1 Comments:

At 11:08 PM, Blogger this is me said...

I don't know anything about the paper chase, do tell.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Mawl Records!. Make your own badge here.

Upcoming Shows:

Dec 22:Macitajs on Acid @ the Black Cat

Jan 7:Len Bias, High Fives Happy Endings @ the Black Cat

Jan 11: The Hard Tomorrows @ Wonderland

Jan 19: Benjy Feree @ The Black Cat

Jan 22: Camera Obscura & Essex Green @ 9:30 Club

Feb 9:The Rapture @ Sonar

Feb 13: Stellastar* @ Rock n Roll Hotel

Feb 25: the One AM Radio @ Warehouse Nextdoor

Mar 4: Scissor Sisters @ 9:30 Club

Mar 6:Badly Drawn Boy @ 9:30 Club

My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington D.C., United States
Who Links Here Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Check me out!