Thursday, September 08, 2005


The 3-day weekend has come and gone. Summer is officially over. The days are still sunny, but a little bit cooler. The nights are enjoyable. I love sleeping with the windows open. I cannot wait to start wearing my scarves.

On Friday, I had drinks and ate various cheese appetizers at Radius with Ivy and Aric. Then we headed back to my place where we watched the second half of Napolean Dynamite and took naps. Matt came home around 9:30 and quickly showered so that he and Jay could go see Medications. Ivy, Aric and I headed down to see Jon at Pharoah's. We sat outside and starred at each other for 2 hours. We saw Jenna Bush and the question mark dude, Matthew Lesko walking down Columbia. Jenna and friends had just stepped out of Perry's and were on their way to Mantis. The question mark dude and his wife just happened to step onto the sidewalk at the exact second that Jenna walked by. A bit later Jenna and her friend went into Pharoah's looking for cigarettes. The night ended back at my place with a mini party when Jay and Matt joined up.

Saturday, Matt and I met Miss Ivy at Tonic for brunch. I can't believe that Shannon was in town all weekend and I missed her. After brunch, Ivy and I headed off to Meridian Hill Park and Matt went down to Crooked Beat to see Jay. We found a great spot in the park, so that I was in the shade and Ivy was in the sun. I fell asleep reading my book and when I woke up some dude was getting arrested. Soon after that, we packed up and went home. Aric had a BeerBQ on his roof. It had been awhile since the last one. Boyfriend got drunk and ditched me for the underwear party and I treked around Columbia Heights with Ivy, Ben, Caroline, Tom until we ended up at Chief Ike's with Clay and Jay. Xanex and Sparks do not mix well.

I wasn't hungover on Sunday, but I sure was tired. Matt and I had a lovely brunch at the Diner. Then we walked over to Meridian Hill Park, sat for a little bit and stared at the green water. Back at home, we couched for many hours until Jay and Liz came over. (see pic above for what I was feeling like on Sunday.) We had some pizza at Radius and then Jay came back over to drink beer and watch Rome and the season finale of Entourage. Early bedtime.

Monday was a beautiful day. We took it easy in the morning cleaned, did laundry, showered. Then we went over to the Cave, my former abode, where Ben V and Tom L. now live. BBQed there for a bit, started getting drunk. Drove over to Jay's got a little more drunk. Then somehow we had an MTV party with Abi, Gwen, Jay, Aric and Ivy. Watched some Laguna Beach and Super Duper Ridiculous Sweet Sixteen Show. Matt was a drunken mess and when he finally passed out everyone left and the 3-day weekend was over.

Now it's almost the end of the week, which amazingly went by pretty quickly. Tonight is Jenn and Cory's dance night. I am planning to get all decked out. And watch the Season Premiere of the O - mother effing C.

The weather is getting cooler and making me happy. I finished knitting my scarf last night.

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Mawl Records!. Make your own badge here.

Upcoming Shows:

Dec 22:Macitajs on Acid @ the Black Cat

Jan 7:Len Bias, High Fives Happy Endings @ the Black Cat

Jan 11: The Hard Tomorrows @ Wonderland

Jan 19: Benjy Feree @ The Black Cat

Jan 22: Camera Obscura & Essex Green @ 9:30 Club

Feb 9:The Rapture @ Sonar

Feb 13: Stellastar* @ Rock n Roll Hotel

Feb 25: the One AM Radio @ Warehouse Nextdoor

Mar 4: Scissor Sisters @ 9:30 Club

Mar 6:Badly Drawn Boy @ 9:30 Club

My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington D.C., United States
Who Links Here Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Check me out!