Friday, September 02, 2005

No-Labor Day Weekend

I guess that summer is officially over today. That makes me sad. I only went to Toldeo once and I never made it to the beach. I have the worst tan that I have ever had in my history. But, summer was eventful since Matt and I moved into our new apartment. I did make it to Fort Reno a few times, danced a bit and sweated alot, but not nearly as much as last summer. All thing considered, it was a fun time.

I get out of work at 3:00 today. Yay. And I want to get a petition signed to changed Labor Day to NO-Labor Day. I mean, hello, there is no labor on Labor Day weekend, duh!

My plans for this weekend involve: drinking Sparks,

Speaking of which, I found Sparks Light in a 7-11 on Long Island and brought it back to D.C. We taste tested it at Tim's last weekend. Amazingly, Tim had these cute little plastic shot glasses that also doubled as sample cups that I was able to share with everyone. Consensus: Sparks Light is okay. Some people said that they would drink it. I found that it has a weird aftertaste.

I also conducted another Malt Liqour Energy Drink test at the party. I discovered a Sparks wannabe called Tilt at Lee-Irving. I put them side-by-side in the cooler at Tim's. Later that night, I found a full abandoned Tilt on a table with pop top ripped off, which was proof that whomever, chose to drink the Tilt had been holding it for awhile. You usually rip the pop top off if you are not drinking from the can anymore, but find yourself still holding it. So, Sparks won.

Back to weekend plans: drinking Sparks, dancing, rooftop BBQs, painting, sleeping.

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Mawl Records!. Make your own badge here.

Upcoming Shows:

Dec 22:Macitajs on Acid @ the Black Cat

Jan 7:Len Bias, High Fives Happy Endings @ the Black Cat

Jan 11: The Hard Tomorrows @ Wonderland

Jan 19: Benjy Feree @ The Black Cat

Jan 22: Camera Obscura & Essex Green @ 9:30 Club

Feb 9:The Rapture @ Sonar

Feb 13: Stellastar* @ Rock n Roll Hotel

Feb 25: the One AM Radio @ Warehouse Nextdoor

Mar 4: Scissor Sisters @ 9:30 Club

Mar 6:Badly Drawn Boy @ 9:30 Club

My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington D.C., United States
Who Links Here Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Check me out!