Thursday, September 15, 2005

I love this man!!!!!!


Last nite, I attended the Bret Easton Ellis reading/signing at Olsson's. This was the coolest and most amazing thing ever. B.E.E. was what I expected, cocky, but also completely different, shy and modest. He read a chapter from his new novel, Lunar Park, and followed that up with a passage from the book that his friend dared him to read. He said that he never read it aloud to a crowd before and he probably never will again. It was perfect, as it should have been, hearing him read from his book. The inflections, the tone, the pauses. Hilarious.

After the reading, he answered some questions, some good, some horrible, but overall, very enlightening. I seriously love this man and worship him and his brillance even more now.

I stole this picture from information leafblower, who was also in attendance last night, and asked a great question about Ben Stiller ripping Glamorama off in Zoolander.

I want to reread all of his books now( so if I have lent you one, Liz, I will be seeking it this evening.) I suggest that you do the same.

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Mawl Records!. Make your own badge here.

Upcoming Shows:

Dec 22:Macitajs on Acid @ the Black Cat

Jan 7:Len Bias, High Fives Happy Endings @ the Black Cat

Jan 11: The Hard Tomorrows @ Wonderland

Jan 19: Benjy Feree @ The Black Cat

Jan 22: Camera Obscura & Essex Green @ 9:30 Club

Feb 9:The Rapture @ Sonar

Feb 13: Stellastar* @ Rock n Roll Hotel

Feb 25: the One AM Radio @ Warehouse Nextdoor

Mar 4: Scissor Sisters @ 9:30 Club

Mar 6:Badly Drawn Boy @ 9:30 Club

My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington D.C., United States
Who Links Here Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Check me out!